Every summer, I look forward to seeing the new trends and styles from Miami Swim Week, which took place last week. I personally don’t think it’s possible to have enough bathing suits, and I was so excited to see all the different looks for 2017 that I will naturally be stocking up on. Here are some of my favorite parts of Miami Swim Week:
1. Montce Swim – Montce Swim by Alexandra Grief is known for their colors and flattering designs. I loved their looks on the runway this year! One of my favorite looks was their flouncy off the shoulder tops. The colors were gorgeous and the design is so unique and funky.
2. Stella McCartney – I was so excited to learn that Stella McCartney is launching her first line of swimwear. She is such a talented designer and I had no doubt I would fall in love with her collection. She didn’t disappoint with her classic citrus print on her bathing suits, along with so many other fun designs. I wanted everything I saw!
3. Beach Riot – White bathing suits are often intimidating, but the collection of white swimwear at the Beach Riot show was absolutely gorgeous. From fringe, to lace, to plunging one pieces, there something for everyone. The models looked stunning too!
4. Beauty on the Runway – When it comes to beauty at the beach or pool, less is absolutely more, and I was glad to see that designers agreed this year. The models on the runway all had a natural look, and I thought they all looked amazing. Lybethras, Beach Freedom, Bella Mar and San Lorenzo were all examples of shows whose models had a natural glow and didn’t go too heavy on the makeup.
5. Camilla – Known for their color and bohemian details, Camilla never disappoints, and Miami Swim Week was no exception. Their swimwear and resort wear was filled with color, fun patterns. Their models looked amazing and I’m coveting just about everything in this picture!
6. Crop Top Trend – There is no doubt that crop tops have been a major fashion trend this year. At Miami Swim Week, there were so many crop top bikini tops! Designers including Beach Riot, Just Bones Boardwear, Mink Swim and Indah clothing all included this look on the runway.
- XO, Emily
Photos by Instagram/Montce_Swim, Instagram/ShopBAZAAR, Instagram/BeachRiot,Frazer Harrison/Getty Images, Instagram/CamillaWithLove and Arun Nevader/Getty Images for Art Hearts Fashion