Summer time calls for lots of lounging at the beach and pool, and it’s always necessary to keep a book or two in your tote! This is my list of must-reads for summer:
1. The Last Original Wife - I’ve heard so many great things about this book and can’t wait to cross it off my list! Read about the social scene in Atlanta, and Leslie Anne Green Carter, who is the last original wife in her and her husband’s set of friends.
2. The Matchmaker – This is the ultimate beach read! Dabney Kimball Beech has a knack for matchmaking, and as the cupid of Nantucket, her life turns upside down when her first love returns to town.
3. Someday, Someday Maybe - If you’re a Gilmore Girls or Parenthood fan and haven’t read this book, you better go ahead and pick this up! Actress Lauren Graham wrote this bestseller about a struggling actress trying to build a career in New York City.
4. Unlucky 13 – Sometimes you just need to read a good thriller, and this novel by James Patterson is sure to be exactly what you need! A part of his Women’s Murder Club series, Lindsay Boxer, a San Francisco detective, receives a photo of a killer from her past, and everything in her world is completely shattered!
5. Sarah’s Key – If you love history and a good tear-jerker, you won’t be able to put this one down! In 1942, ten-year-old Sarah and her family is arrested in the Vel’ d’Hiv’ roundup, and 60 years later, journalist Julia Jarmond writes an article about this day, learning all about Sarah and her family.
6. Audition: A Memoir - I love a good memoir, and I have a very good feeling that Barbara Walters’ will not disappoint! In this book, she talks about her private life and extremely successful career. It is bound to be a page-turner!
- XO, Emily