When you’ve lived in Florida your whole life, swimwear is a very big part of your wardrobe. I think it’s safe to say I own as many bathing suits as I do jeans! Naturally, one of my favorite fashion weeks is the Miami Swim Show.
Known for being the world’s largest swimwear show, some of the best designers out there showcased their designs for 2016 just two weeks ago. These were some of my favorite shows:
1. Mara Hoffman – It’s no surprise that Mara Hoffman’s beautiful designs were a highlight of the week. Her show was visually stunning, taking place at the former Versace mansion. Her inspiration came from a trip to Morocco, and I personally cannot wait to rock these gorgeous boho looks myself!
2. Belusso – One show that certainly made a statement was Belusso. From plunging long sleeve one pieces, to rainbow cutout bikinis, there was truly something for everybody! This white and teal one piece would look amazing with a Middy or Ditty tote.
3. Maaji – Maaji was another designer with bohemian inspired looks. In addition to swimwear in gorgeous patterns and colors, they also showcased amazing workout clothes on the runway. I’m looking forward to stocking up when this collection comes out!
4. Acacia – Another show filled with gorgeous looks was Acacia. The designs were flirty and feminine with a mix of pastels and darker colors. This dark green bikini was my favorite look during the show!
5. Robb & Lulu – The Robb & Lulu collection was to die for! In addition to beautiful bikinis and one pieces, they had some great cover-ups and dresses. Lots of the looks were black and white, and there was a lot of purple, pink and yellow as well. It was an incredible show!
6. Wildfox – Wildfox is known for their playful vintage-inspired clothing, and their swimwear is no exception. Their 2016 collection is filled with vintage floral prints, fun patterns and bright colors. I personally loved the bright ice cream cone and heart patterns! In true Wildfox fashion, they ended their show with a pool party under the stars.
- XO, Emily