There’s no better way to celebrate the arrival of summer break than with a killer Memorial Day party. A long weekend calls for a day in the sun, whether it’s at the pool or on the beach. From fashion to food, I’ve got you covered with all the must-haves for an amazing Memorial Day Weekend celebration.
1. Cup – Fun cups, plates and decorations always make a celebration of any kind more fun. I’m loving this Pineapple Sippy Cup from Waiting on Martha. Purchase these for Memorial Day Weekend and your celebration will instantly feel more tropical!
2. Tote – If you’re spending the day at the beach or pool, or attending a party with the family, then it’s essential to have that perfect bag to tote all your belongings. Our Lucky Red White & Blue Middy is very Memorial Day appropriate, and will hold sunscreen, snacks, sunglasses, toys and anything else you might need.
3. Cocktail – It goes without saying that cocktails are necessary for any holiday weekend. I found this Vodka and Watermelon Cooler from Epicurious on Dine & Dash, and it looks so refreshing. It’s sure to be one of my go-to drink recipes for summer!
4. Side Dish – Whether you’re throwing a party or attending someone else’s, you can’t go wrong with making a recipe for everyone to enjoy. This Street Corn Salad recipe from Chrissy Teigen’s website Delushious looks delicious and is a great side dish for any celebration.
5. Dress – As far as I’m concerned, every holiday calls for a cute new outfit. I love Reese Witherspoon’s clothing line Draper James, and this Honeycomb Panel Dress is so pretty. Pair this with sandals or wedges and you’re good to go!
6. Float – If a pool is part of your Memorial Day Weekend, then this next item will be a crowd pleaser! This Inflatable Swim Up Tiki Bar from Urban Outfitters will create a party to remember. Store beer bottles, sodas, water or whatever drinks you’re serving and allow guests to swim up to it for a drink.
7. Sunscreen – One of the most important things you need during the summer, and especially during a weekend spent in the sun is a good sunscreen. Coola is my go-to sunscreen brand, and I’m a big fan of their Guava Mango Sunscreen Spray. With SPF 50 protection, a tropical scent and 80 minutes of water resistance, it’s an absolute essentials for days at the pool, beach or on the boat.
- XO, Emily