New York Fashion Week came to an end last week, and I couldn’t get enough of all the looks for fall 2016 from so many fabulous designers! I love all the colors, fabrics and patterns that these designers have in store for fall. Here are my favorite New York Fashion Week moments from the clothes on the runway, to the street style to the beauty trends.
1. Fashion Week certainly showed us that one of fall’s biggest trends will be fur! From fox, to sable, to mink, it seemed like every show from had fur in just about every color imaginable. One designer who used fur in many pieces of his collection was Dennis Basso. I loved everything in his collection!
2. You can always count on Alice + Olivia for fun and girly clothing, and their collection certainly didn’t disappoint. The set was made to look like New York in the 70’s from clubs, to lofts to the subway. More important than the presentation of the show was the amazing rock and roll inspired clothing, filled with red, black, metallic, studs and embroideries.
3. When it came to beauty trends on the runway, we saw everything from furry nails to pink eyebrows! While these looks are fun to see in shows, they certainly aren’t something I plan on trying in real life. Two more practical beauty looks I loved seeing on the models this season were dark lips and curly hair. One of my favorite shows to display both looks was Zac Posen.
4. There’s no doubt that celebrity sightings are one of the best parts of Fashion Week, along with the amazing clothes they wear. Blake Lively definitely turned heads at the Michael Kors show. She couldn’t have looked more gorgeous in her Michael Kors ensemble. Sometimes the fashion in the front row is just as good as it is on the runway!
5. Rachel Zoe knows style better than just about anyone, so it’s no surprise that her show was filled with absolutely stunning clothing! Inspired by the nineties and the thirties, her Fall 2016 line is filled with chic dresses, coats and blazers in cream, white, black and gray.
6. Street style is certainly one of the most exciting things to see during Fashion Week, and with a super cold and snowy New York, I was curious to see how this would affect everyone’s outfit. Guests managed to stay stylish and warm in fur coats, boots and lots of layers!
- XO, Emily
Photos by Getty Images for NYFW, Samantha Reed, Getty/Jemal Countess, Aurora Rose/WWD and Melodie Jeng